View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Trouble setting up email with Hosted Microsoft Exchange 

Post Trouble setting up email with Hosted Microsoft Exchange
Hi There;

Love the program so far.

I have read through most of the forums here and see that people are able to solve this issue except none have been on Exchange. So...

My email is through Microsoft's Hosted Exchange service and I am receiving the "Error #2031 and the server certificate status is invalid" message when sending the test email. I believe everything is set correctly and I wondered if there was something else I needed to do to get it working.

My settings are:
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
SMTP Port: 587 (I have tried 25 as well)
Encryption: TLS (I have tried all the settings)
Username and Password are cut and pasted from Lastpass
Negotiation Style: Active (I have tried Passive)

I have tried all the combinations I can think of of the above and can not get any email to go through. I do get the error "504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type" sometimes (i.e. when the above settings are used but with the Encryption turned off).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Post Sending Email Through Microsoft Host Exchange
Hi There;

This is the second time I have tried to post this question. As it is my first question, I hope the moderators will approve it this time.

I am trying to set up the program and have searched the forum for an answer to this but no one appears to have this problem.

My Email is through Microsoft's Hosted Exchange and I can't get StudioCloud to connect to it. I keep getting "Error #2031 and the server certificate status is invalid"

My settings are as follows:
Server: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Authentication: on
Username and Password have been triple checked and are cut and pasted from LastPass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Post Re: Trouble setting up email with Hosted Microsoft Exchange
Office365 uses the same smtp security method that hotmail and windows live uses. Essentially we have to connect using an unsecure connection and after the connection is established and there is some communication switch it to a secure connection. Unfortunately, Adobe Air does not support doing that so we are unable to support sending out emails using Office365, hotmail, or windows live.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 am

Post Re: Trouble setting up email with Hosted Microsoft Exchange
I actually have used a simpler method that seems to work for us:

outbound: smtp.office365.com

SMTP server port: 587

Encryption: TLS

And of course use an O365 account with a license for Exchange.

We use it for a few tools and haven't had any issue yet, but it may not be what you need - just throwing it out there.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]