View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Problem with group emailing using templates 

Post Problem with group emailing using templates
I am having a problem when using the group operation "email selected clients" as well as the "email Clients" in the marketing campaign window.

I have created a test template that's in screenshot 1.

it includes {|ClientFirstName|}.

It populates just fine when using the "Email Client" from the communications button in the client window. (Screenshot 2)

I am testing for when I want to do mass emails using a template, and this is happening in both the clients window and in the marketing campaign window when i select a group of clients I want to email.

For this example I have gone and selected a client in the client window and clicked group operations and "email selected clients" I have gone to use the template and the {|ClientFirstName|} field doesn't populate and is left with a blank space. (Screenshot 3)

I have proceeded to email myself with this template to see if it follows through and it is still blank in the received email.

Am I missing something or is this an error in the software?

Side note: (In the email template form the "auto populate with template option" checkbox will not stay marked, I can mark it checked save the template and save the template and when I go back to it it is unchecked) - not sure if this is what is causing it or not.

All software is up to date, both adobe air and studio cloud.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot 1
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg [ 407.92 KiB | Viewed 24472 times ]
File comment: Screenshot 2
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg [ 508.7 KiB | Viewed 24472 times ]
File comment: Screenshot 3
ss3.jpg
ss3.jpg [ 556.31 KiB | Viewed 24472 times ]
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]