View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Too Little Control over Importing Data 

Post Too Little Control over Importing Data
Am I missing something? I have just started taking baby photography leads from a well known source in the UK. I am presented with an import dialogue where the information I can import has already been decided and it does not include half the details I need. Nor can I customise the import table to suit my needs. Apparently, I have to change the field names of *my* spreadsheet to suit the considerable limitations of StudioCloud! And then, if I want all the essential fields that StudioCloud decided were irrelevant, I have to manually input them, line by line (with all the attendant risks of drifting onto the wrong line while copytyping) into a secondary form on StudioCloud.

Also, three times in one hour today I have had it throw up an error box inviting me to say what I was doing when it happened. When I click submit the box freezes on "processing ..." and never clears. I have had to quit and relaunch every time.

I know it's free software - but there are options to pay quite dearly to upgrade and paying only gets you additional users and a couple of additional functions. The underlying software and dysfunctionality would not change. There is no way I would pay money for this. I see little or no evidence of it being further developed, even though there are 'updates' nearly every time I launch it. And I'm dismayed that 'no support for free accounts' includes no facility for reporting actual bugs! Except in the user forum.

I cannot make it do the job I most need it to do without spending hours undertaking manual data entry - one of the most fundamental tasks I need to automate and which should be handled by the import function. I would be better off working with the original spreadsheet! Which means I can't readily tie in with 'pipelines', bookkeeping and everything else I want the software to do.

Feeling defeated.
aj

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 am

Post Re: Too Little Control over Importing Data
This tutorial explains how to import clients from a csv file. https://app1.studiocloud.com/support/index.php?/article/AA-00205

I have broken down your post into a comment and response answer below to address the issues.

Comment: I am presented with an import dialogue where the information I can import has already been decided and it does not include half the details I need.
Response: The client import allows you to import the following client details:

Business Name
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street
    City
    State
    Zip/Postal Code
    Email
    Home Phone
    Work Phone
    Cell Phone
    Notes
    Customer Number
    Tag #1
    Tag #2
    Tag #3
    Birthday
    Anniversary
    Country
    Suffix

If you would like StudioCloud to add additional fields to the import process please make a feature request for it.

Comment: Nor can I customise the import table to suit my need. Apparently, I have to change the field names of *my* spreadsheet to suit the considerable limitations of StudioCloud!
Response: You can change how StudioCloud imports the data by selecting the column header. You do not need to edit your spreadsheet.

Comment: Also, three times in one hour today I have had it throw up an error box inviting me to say what I was doing when it happened. When I click submit the box freezes on "processing ..." and never clears. I have had to quit and relaunch every time.
Response: If this is something you can reproduce please go to live chat during our live chat hours so that we can resolve this issue. Just tell the live chat operators that you have a bug that you can reproduce in StudioCloud and it shows the error message each time you do it. They will see if they can reproduce the issue and if they can't they will do a screen share with you so that they can resolve the issue. Please note that you will need to be on the latest version of StudioCloud.

Comment: I know it's free software - but there are options to pay quite dearly to upgrade and paying only gets you additional users and a couple of additional functions.
Response: Paying a subscription also provides you with customer support as well so that if you have any issues the team can work with you immediately over live chat to resolve those issues.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]