View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Error Writing File out 

Post Error Writing File out
Hi All,
I have tried contacting StudioCloud via email for a few days now, but I am not getting any replies :(

In any case, I hope someone has experienced this problem but after a couple of google searches and now a forum search, it seems isolated.

When I am trying to export an invoice via print, pdf, email..I continue to get: Error writing file out (or something similar, I'm not at home to screen shot it at the moment.)

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a way to resolve it?

As far as I am aware I am using the latest copy of Studio Cloud. I used to use Spectra but StudioCloud seemed to work really well with ProSelect which I have just begun using as well.

I am happy to screen shot when I get home for exact error message.

Thanks!

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Post Re: Error Writing File out
Usually this is caused by a permissions issue on your computer. The quick solution is to change the location on that computer where the pdf is saved.

With the latest version of StudioCloud available at the following link you can change the location where the pdf is saved.

http://blog.studiocloud.com/2015/12/major-optional-update.html

You can change the location where the pdf is saved.

To change the location please do the following.

1. open StudioCloud
2. go to settings
3. click on "Manage StudioCloud Settings"
4. click on local settings
5. select the saved pdf location

Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:26 am

Post Re: Error Writing File out
Hi Steve, I couldn't find my post to let anyone know I fixed it.

The way I did this was to go into the security tab of properties on the StudioCloud folder and added an "Everyone" group and allowed full control. That seemed to fix it. (and possibly a combination of other things I did that I can't remember).

This is a problem with Windows 10 that I hope will be addressed in future updates for Win10, it causes a lot of problems. Luckily the person I spoke with at StudioCloud was able to narrow down the problem for me and from there I googled a solution :)

Thanks a lot for the alternative solution. The person I spoke with using the online chat said it wasn't possible to change the location?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]