View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 2 way Integration with MailChimp and Studio Cloud 

Post 2 way Integration with MailChimp and Studio Cloud
Currently the only integration that StudioCloud has with MailChimp is to be able to upload a list of clients from StudioCloud marketing campaigns to MailChimp. I read in this forum that a SC customer requested being able to upload tags which would be VERY HELPFUL.

However, this request here is to also be able to do a 2 way integration so that information contained or updated in MailChimp could pass back into StudioCloud. This would avoid tedious data entry redundancy and would make the integration more efficient.

MailChimp says it is possible to do this and that they "provide all the building blocks for developers around the world to connect their apps to MailChimp, but it's up to them to choose how that integration is built."

This feature would help StudioCloud stand above the crowd and compete with other CRM companies that are already doing this, such as Sales Force.

Thanks guys!
~Liz

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Post Re: 2 way Integration with MailChimp and Studio Cloud
I agree with previous writer.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:51 pm

+1 as well as constant contact

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

If we could have SC launch or use MailChimp to send out an email template already setup in MailChimp that would be awesome. A welcome email, thank-you, or even a newsletter to certain clients but formatted nice template in Mailchimp would be great.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm

+1

Currently, the process of maintaining one's customer database in MailChimp is incredibly unwieldy. According to the SC Support Team, StudioCloud's export process is designed for a one-time email campaign, not to maintain an ongoing database that one would use for periodic newsletters. MailChimp, on the other hand, is designed to grow and track your mailing list over time, including who is opening the emails, bounces, unsubscribes, etc. Not only are we adding new clients over time; often client info will change -- appropriate tags, mailing preferences, email address, etc. StudioCloud recommends that we create a new list in MailChimp each time, which defeats the purpose of this tracking.

As of now, the import/export process involves:
1) create a marketing campaign
2) add every client in my SC database to the marketing campaign
3) Export said campaign to mailchimp
4) import to mailchimp, creating a new list, and ignoring all data that i've collected over time

A two-way integration would allow our marketing efforts to be much more effective. Right now, this process is so difficult that I find myself avoiding it altogether, thus missing out on a huge marketing opportunity. StudioCloud, the purpose of your software is to help make our lives easier! Help us out here. :-)

Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:51 am
Profile WWW

+1 Yes please! :)
Agree all above comments. Bumping it up a notch.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 pm

+1 - add my approval to this request!!!

This is such a huge thing for marketing! All email information needs to remain consistent throughout our business with the minimal amount of manual input. There are several times I have missed marketing opportunities because it is just too difficult or time consuming to extract new email addresses out of the studio management software into Mailchimp. And then there is no way for me to mark those who have "opted out" back in the studio management software to know who doesn't want marketing emails. (Along the same lines we need to be able to mark who wants to opt out of receiving text messages.)

If this feature was implemented I guarantee I would brag to the world about it!

Doug

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]