View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Track income and expenses by project 

Post Track income and expenses by project
I would like to print out reports by project, since each of our projects has its own budget (we are a micro-publisher) and it's important for us to be able to track profitability by each individual project. It seems to me this could be done by adding a drop down box with project names to the "new expense/income" dialogue. Then this information could be used to generate reports.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 am

Post Re: Track income and expenses by project
dponcy wrote:
I would like to print out reports by project, since each of our projects has its own budget (we are a micro-publisher) and it's important for us to be able to track profitability by each individual project. It seems to me this could be done by adding a drop down box with project names to the "new expense/income" dialogue. Then this information could be used to generate reports.

I have to agree. I see no reason to use the "project" functionality unless you can associate profit / loss to them. I'm a photographer that wants the ability to create a project for say "May Sporting Event" and to assign all invoices we get to that project (number of invoices vary and not known ahead of time). I should also be able to assign any expenses that come in from the labs and contractor fees as well to the project. This would give us a total of what was made for that project or event. Without this, we have to decipher the invoices and expenses together and it creates additional work that shouldn't need to be done.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

I am photographer and I would like to create projects or events that allow me to associate expenses and income to them. For example if the Allen family schedule a session I want to track all my costs associated with it, including miles, COGS, shipping as well as income. This would allow me to track my per session profits and average sales per client.

It would also be helpful to track projects - for example I'm doing an expo this weekend and would like to know how much doing the event cost me by associated all the expenses together.

Currently I use a spreadsheet but it would be great to avoid double entering everything.

I was thinking that a good way from a user point of view would be to create a job# with the event that can be associated with income and expense. When I think of an "Event" I mean the date of a session and a "Project" would be either a charity event or ongoing fundraising for charity and/or a conference booth etc.. To me these are two different things and one item might need to be associated with both. Something might be an expense from a session "Event" but also be part of a larger fundraising "Project"' From a programmer perspective I don't know how complicated this idea is.

My end goal is to be able to run reports by both total costs / profits for the month and for each project as well as each event.

Thanks so much,
Erin

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 pm

+1

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]