View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Allow Related events to connect to the main calendar event 

Post Allow Related events to connect to the main calendar event
I've been asking for years through email. Please consider this. It makes MUCH sense. (And I know it's possible; my two previous studio management software programs both did this)

Please find a way to have a main event and then allow us to connect (link) sub-events to that main one. For example:

A high school senior may have the following calendar entries all tied to one main event.
- consultation
- main session
- secondary session
- ordering appointment
- portrait pick-up

A wedding client may have the following:
- consultation
- engagement session
- engagement ordering session
- pre-wedding meeting
- wedding day
- special studio session
- ordering appointment

Everything is tied to the INCOME in the main session, yet the sub-appointments appear as individual calendar events.

All calendar time is tied to the main session income. Having all sub-appointments will help determine profitability (dollars/hour).

As it is right now, there is NO easy way to determine profitability per time spent.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Post Re: Allow Related events to connect to the main calendar eve
This is a wonderful idea. I have wanted this for many years in my previous studio management software but it wasn't available there either.

Everyone who owns a business needs to know their profitability per hour spent. It is more and more important the smaller a company gets. Since most photography studios are one or two people this is a critical piece of information.

Thanks,
Doug

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]